On 1st June 2019 KCWA held a successful AGM at The Girrawheen hub hosted by Raiyan pavan (Board member).
Confirmation of previous minutes - Read and seconded by members.
- Highlight of 2018 events
- Financial report
- President speech
- Introduction of new elected leaders
Minutes of the previous meeting were shared on community social media group and further read in the
meeting highlighting key areas of event for the year 2018.
The minutes were confirmed and seconded by members as true record for previous AGM
Edward Kimani read the financial report and copies provided indicating all the funds collected in 2018 and how the funds were distributed to various items throughout the year. The account statement which was further interrogated by member, indicated the need to provide further breakdown of financial report.
The treasure and vice treasure agree to share with members detailed finance report certainty on the account.
The outgoing president Mr. Jomo Muiruri presented an overview of 2018 achievement and also introduced his team, congratulating them for their relentlessly support in running community affairs.
The president noted the key objective of community was to bring all Kenyan together as people from one mother land, observing all important days in kenya calendar and promoting awareness of important issues happening in Kenya.
The leadership community was entirely in-charge of coordinating all the Kenyan events throughout the year as indicated below;
1. April - Easter Holiday family day
2. May – African Women Day
3. Family Day out which was sponsored by Remax Property, showcasing the available investment opportunities back in Kenya.
4. African Father’s Day – August, sponsored by KCB and graced by Kenya Hig Commissioner
5. Prayer Day which included, praying for new leadership and families in general
6. Ladies Gala Night – October - Which had 120 ladies in-attendance and to be observed every year
7. Sports Day – October – A new idea which should be embraced and be observed yearly
8. World Festival Participation - November – Kenya Delicacy served to 300 people
9. Jamhuri Day – December – Novote Hotel, which was attended by 240 people
10. More often events relating to fund drive to support Kenyan who were facing challeges.
Big achievement of the time was Members registration Digital platform which is available in KCWA website.
The President also acknowledged the support from event sponsors
2. Prime Event
3. Dj Naphty
4. Dental Annex
5. Felidal Logistic
The President also asked the new leadership to work out way to increasing registration fee for effective office operation
The president also requested the incoming community leaders to engage in reviewing the constitution for compliance with Australian updated Constitution before deadline which stands as 1 st July 2019.
CLOSING QUOTE : “YOU HAVE NOT LIVED TODAY UNTIL YOU HAVE DONE SOMETHING FOR
SOMEONE WHO CAN NEVER REPAY YOU.”